About Northcoast Medical Training Academy
Dear Prospective Student:
Northcoast Medical Training Academy was founded in October 2003. Our mission is to prepare students specifically for licensure and/or certification examinations. Northcoast offers training and certifications in phlebotomy, pharmacology, electrocardiography, coding or medical assisting as part of our medical assistant program. Licensure is also available for massage therapy and practical nursing. In addition, we offer a unique program that prepares students to work as veterinary assistants in animal clinics, humane organizations or kennels.
As owners of Northcoast Medical Training Academy, Tim and Christy (Woodall) Runge take a direct interest in making sure that every student who attends the Academy will have the best education experience possible, and are dedicated to that goal.
Northcoast Medical Academy History
In 2003, with a growing need for qualified EKG technicians, phlebotomy technicians, medical assistants, veterinary assistants and massage therapists, Northcoast Medical Training Academy introduced its new school to Kent and the surrounding areas with one goal in mind. That goal is to train our students with the best possible equipment and instructors that we can afford to produce the most sought-after graduates of our programs by employers in the medical field.
In all of the programs, students use modern equipment and facilities, similar to the kind that they can expect to find on the job. By emphasizing hands-on training, Northcoast Medical Training Academy provides people entering or re-entering today's competitive market with practical, skill-specific training vital to their success.
Quality in the workplace is generally the direct result of quality education, personal motivation and a love for what one does. Therefore, Northcoast Medical Training Academy’s philosophy is to provide quality programs that are sound in curriculum (with continual updating), implemented by a qualified, experienced and caring faculty. The programs are geared to serve those seeking a solid academic foundation in knowledge and quality clinical skills required to obtain employment in their chosen field of study. All of Northcoast Medical Training Academy programs emphasize hands-on training that is relevant to employers’ needs and focus on areas that offer strong long-term employment opportunities. Northcoast Medical Training Academy offers students the training to be able to succeed at the job site, and a variety of medical certifications to add to student credentials for employability.
To offer students the training and skills that will lead to successful employment, the school must:
- Evaluate and update educational programs as needed, based upon employer recommendations. (We reserve the right to make programs even better!)
- Provide a clean, safe and enjoyable learning environment.
- Provide hands-on training on equipment that is in current use in the field(s).
- Select and hire sincere, caring, academically qualified teachers with direct professional experience in the vocations they teach.
- Promote self-discipline, motivation, and professionalism throughout the school so that students may enjoy success on the job and in society.
- Work closely with industry employers, always building positive professional relationships through a solid school reputation.
- Work with local communities and agencies as partners and vested neighbors supporting each other.