Classes forming now! Call us at 330-678-6600 or contact us for more information.
What Is a Phlebotomy Technician?
A typical phlebotomy technician will draw blood for tests, transfusions, donations or research. They may explain the procedure to patients and assist in the recovery of patients with adverse reactions. Job responsibilities can vary from state to state.
Typical Duties of a Phlebotomy Technician
- Drawing patients’ blood
- Labeling, storing and transporting blood samples to laboratories
- Monitoring patients’ blood pressure, pulse and respiratory readings
- Computer data entry of patient information and blood test results
- Clerical duties include reception work, answering phones, recording blood draw results
- Cleaning and sterilizing equipment
- 10-week certificate program
- Day and evening schedule available
- Hands-on training
- Eligible to take the Nationally Registered Certified Phlebotomy Technician Exam
- Exam offered on campus
The phlebotomy technician program is designed to provide all students with the knowledge and hands-on skills to perform competently as a skilled phlebotomist. The phlebotomy technician program curriculum blends the fundamentals and advanced skills in phlebotomy that are needed to become a valued member of today’s health services care team. Lecture and direct hands-on laboratory experience are dovetailed as integral parts of this program.
Need information about our phlebotomy training program? Have questions? Fill out the form below.
Once we receive your information, a representative from Northcoast Medical Training Academy will get in touch with you. They will gather some basic information over the phone and then invite you to come into the school for a tour and a more in-depth interview to determine if the programs that Northcoast offers are a good fit for you.
You will be given a tour, have a chance to meet with financial aid if you choose to, and you will talk with the representative about the programs in depth. If the representative and the prospective student feel that the career training at Northcoast Medical Training Academy is a good fit, a second appointment will be made to do the enrollment agreement and meet with financial aid. At this time, a $50 deposit will be collected to hold your spot in class.
Thank you for your interest in Northcoast Medical Training Academy.