Practical Nursing (LPN) Training
Classes forming now! Call us at 330-678-6600 or contact us for more information.
What Is a Practical Nurse?
Licensed practical nurses (LPNs) care for people who are sick, injured, convalescent or disabled under the direction of physicians and registered nurses. The nature of the direction and supervision required varies by state and job setting.
The Typical Duties of a Practical Nurse*
- Provide basic bedside care
- Measure and record patients’ vital signs
- Prepare and give injections and enemas, monitor catheters, dress wounds
- Assist with bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, moving in bed, standing and walking
- Feed patients who need help eating
- Experienced LPNs may supervise nursing assistants and aides
- A one-year program with day and evening schedules available
- A weekend schedule available (two years)
- Hands-on clinical experience
- Practice for NCLEX-PN provided on campus and included in tuition
- Tuition includes books, uniforms and clinical lab packs
- As an LPN you have no waiting list for our program!
- Located in Kent, Ohio, we are just a short drive away from Akron and Cleveland.
The faculty of the LPN program places a high value on life and human dignity, and views quality education as a prerequisite to placing well-prepared and caring nurses in health care settings. The LPN program shares the mission of Northcoast Medical Training Academy to provide quality programs that are sound in concept, implemented by a competent faculty and geared to serving those seeking a solid foundation in knowledge to obtain employment in their chosen field of study.
Practical Nursing Entrance Test
If you are thinking about enrolling on our Practical Nursing Program, take a look at this study guide for the Practical Nursing Entrance Exam.
If you are thinking about enrolling on our Practical Nursing Program, take a look at these.
Need information about our practical nursing program? Have questions? Fill out the form below.
Once we receive your information, a representative from Northcoast Medical Training Academy will get in touch with you. They will gather some basic information over the phone and then invite you to come into the school for a tour and a more in-depth interview to determine if the programs that Northcoast offers are a good fit for you.
You will be given a tour, have a chance to meet with financial aid if you choose to, and you will talk with the representative about the programs in depth. If the representative and the prospective student feel that the career training at Northcoast Medical Training Academy is a good fit, a second appointment will be made to do the enrollment agreement and meet with financial aid. At this time, a $50 deposit will be collected to hold your spot in class.
Thank you for your interest in Northcoast Medical Training Academy.